In crafting your course of study, you will be able to choose courses that best suit your individual interests and professional goals from areas including literature, writing, linguistics, rhetorics and literacies, film and media and cultural studies. You may also take certain courses that examine the transdisciplinary relationship between English and other areas of study at ASU.
Through this program, you will gain a thorough understanding of ways to communicate cultural, artistic, historical and literary ideas to a broad audience. You will be prepared for a variety of writing and communication-related careers, including writing, editing, teaching and research. You may also find opportunity in fields such as the humanities, government, education, fundraising, public relations and advertising.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- The largest and most diverse unit at Arizona State University:
- Top 5 for best qualified graduates, according to Wall Street Journal
- Top 20 for humanities research, according to the National Science Foundation
- 20,000 enrolled students, 89 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees and 22 interdisciplinary schools and departments
- $115 million in research expenditures
- #1 university in the nation for innovation