The ASU Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) is a 19-month online graduate degree program which also features 3-day face-to-face executive sessions in both Phoenix and Washington, D.C. The program is a collaboration between the School of Public Affairs and the McCain Institute for International Leadership.
The EMPA program is designed for public sector leaders throughout the world with a minimum of 5-7 years of progressive leadership experience and for experienced leaders in the nonprofit and private sectors who deal extensively with government officials. You will participate in the program as part of a learning cohort, and the one-course-at-a-time online structure will enable you to maintain a work/life balance as you immerse yourself in each topic. Your learning experience will begin with an orientation and executive session in Phoenix. Approximately one year later, your class will reconvene in Washington, D.C. for a second executive session. The EMPA program will end in Phoenix, where you will present your applied projects.
As a student in the EMPA program, you will expand the breadth and depth of your professional network. The online curriculum will attract a more geographically diverse pool of applicants, both nationally and internationally. The executive sessions in Phoenix and Washington, D.C. will further enable you to develop deeper relationships with your classmates. EMPA students will be selected based on their ability to demonstrate the value they would add to the learning experience of the entire class, and a new cohort will begin each year.
For more information about the Executive MPA Program and its cost, please visit http://ramseyexecutive.asu.edu/content/executive-mpa.
ASU College of Public Service and Community Solutions:
- Research is the forefront of all academic activities with 20 research centers for advancing research and discovery around challenges that affect us globally
- Home to ASU’s most diverse student body —and the largest community of first-generation college students
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
- Top 10 in the nation for employability
- Named a prestigious global university
- #4 university in the country for online undergraduate degree programs