The Doctor of Behavioral Health program with a concentration in management focuses exclusively on management and behavioral care in the integrated primary care environment. This program concentration is designed to designate students with additional management didactics, training, and experience, thereby establishing their potential for leadership roles in an evolving healthcare marketplace.
The DBH management concentration is an 84–credit doctoral degree (students receive 30–credits towards the program based on their master’s degree) offered through ASU Online that prepares graduates to be future leaders in integrated care. The curriculum includes ASU Online courses that include synchronous (live) chat with instructors and students, internship training with live streaming video consultation with experts in the field, and a capstone research project that includes a business plan specific to the students’ professional career interests.
The curriculum is unique in that it focuses on:
- an integrated behavioral health program designed to meet the "Triple Aim" of improved patient experience of care, better clinical outcomes, and reduced over-utilization and cost of care
- quality and performance measurement to meet the needs of the new Accountable Care Organization model and improve the efficiency of health care delivery
- business entrepreneurship that enables students to maximize earning potential by identifying and filling organizational and/or market demands.
For more detailed information on our Doctor of Behavioral Health program please visit our DBH microsite.
College of Health Solutions
At the College of Health Solutions, students and faculty research solutions to global pressing health challenges while preparing the health workforce of the future.
- In the fall 2016, the College of Health Solutions had 247 Barrett Honors scholars, 146 faculty, 5,813 students and 9 million in research expenditures.
- Embedded partnerships in the community give students additional resources and networking opportunities including the Mayo Clinic, Barrow Neurological Institute, HonorHealth, Dignity Health, Health Care Sector Partnership and more
- $9 million in research expenditures
- Top 10 universities in the country for employability