The Doctor of Behavioral Health program with a clinical concentration is designed to train master's level clinicians to work effectively in integrated primary care in the evolving marketplace. This concentration includes additional clinical coursework and a 400 hour clinical internship, only available to students who are licensed or license eligible as behavioral, medical, or allied health professionals.
The DBH clinical concentration is an 84–credit doctoral degree (students receive 30–credits towards the program based on if they have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited university) offered through ASU Online that prepares graduates to be future leaders in integrated care. The curriculum includes ASU Online courses that include synchronous (live) chat with instructors and students, internship training with live streaming video consultation with experts in the field, and a culminating research project that includes a business plan specific to the students’ professional career interests.
The curriculum is focused on healthcare interventions and management for integrated behavioral health programs. The core courses are based on three pillars:
- medical literacy to understand disease pathophysiology, progression and treatment
- integrated behavioral interventions that are based on efficiency to engage and effectively treat patients in busy primary care or other medical settings
- entrepreneurship to help the DBH graduate leverage his or her unique skill set to meet the demands of the 21st century healthcare reform market.
For more detailed information on our Doctor of Behavioral Health program please visit our DBH microsite.
College of Health Solutions
At the College of Health Solutions, students and faculty research solutions to global pressing health challenges while preparing the health workforce of the future.
- In the fall 2016, the College of Health Solutions had 247 Barrett Honors scholars, 146 faculty, 5,813 students and 9 million in research expenditures.
- Embedded partnerships in the community give students additional resources and networking opportunities including the Mayo Clinic, Barrow Neurological Institute, HonorHealth, Dignity Health, Health Care Sector Partnership and more
- $9 million in research expenditures
- Top 10 universities in the country for employability