This program covers topics such as Domestic and International Terrorism, Cyber Terrorism and advance crime courses.
With a Homeland Security degree or certificate, you will be well-equipped for career opportunities established as a result of the events of September 11th, 2001 and the formation of the Department of Homeland Security. Along with public law enforcement, many private companies have created new and highly effective security systems or expanded existing ones.
This program will be affiliated with the BS in Criminology and Criminal Justice and will also be available to non-CRJ majors. The certificate will enhance the bachelor's program by incorporating an additional credential to ASU Online students. It will also supplement non-CRJ majors as it provides students with additional Criminology courses not required for their primary degree.
Twenty-one credit hours are required for the certificate, including five required courses and two electives chosen from a selection of pre-approved courses. This certificate requires a grade of “C” or better for all upper division courses.
- Home to ASU’s most diverse student body —and the largest community of first-generation college students.
- #1 university in the U.S. for innovation
- Top 10 in the nation for employability
- Named a prestigious global university
- #4 university in the country for online undergraduate degree programs