Biomimicry is an emerging discipline that seeks to emulate life’s strategies for human design with a particular emphasis on sustainability. This Certificate in Biomimicry, delivered completely online, is designed to enable you to integrate biomimicry principles and tools into your current or planned profession, and serve as a leader in the emerging network of biomimicry researchers and practitioners.
The coursework is focused on the tools and methodologies of biomimicry in the context of how they can be integrated into a wide variety of disciplines and industries. Unlike many graduate programs, which deepen the thinking within one’s discipline, this certificate provides the opportunity for you to create a hybrid of your current discipline with biomimicry. You will have dedicated time and mentorship from biomimicry experts, peers and instructors to explore the application of core fundamentals in your own discipline, field, or area of interest during the “Biomimicry Virtual Design Lab”. As such, you will benefit the most from the training with at least a few years of experience in a specific discipline.
The graduate certificate in Biomimicry is offered at ASU through The Biomimicry Center and the School of Life Sciences, in conjunction with Biomimicry 3.8, the globally renowned thought leaders in this emerging field.
The School of Life Sciences
The School of Life Sciences innovates education by hosting concentrations which compliment unique career tracks. Here, students can pursue their passion and initiate innovation in areas of need.
- No. 21 in the world for biological sciences on the Quacquarelli Symonds list
- Undergraduate student research opportunities
- More students from School of Life Sciences are accepted into medical school than any other college within ASU
- Hosts use-inspired research centers like the Biomimicry Center
- Graduates enter into fields where growth opportunity has been identified for years to come