Transferring to ASU Online takes just a few simple steps.
Transfer students must meet one of the following requirements:
- less than 24 transferable credit hours: Minimum of 2.50 cumulative GPA and meet freshman admission requirements
- 24 or more transferable credit hours: Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited higher education institutions: 2.0 or higher cumulative GAP (residents) / 2.50 or higher cumulative GPA (non-residents)
*”A”=4.0; ASU accepts transfer college level courses in which you have earned a “C-“ or better
Arizona transfer applicants are assured admission to ASU if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Completion of an associate's degree with a 2.0 or higher GPA (4.0=A).
- AGEC (Arizona General Education Curriculum) with a 2.5 GPA or higher (4.0=A).
California transfer applicants are assured admission to ASU if they meet the following requirement:
- Studying at a partner California community college and signed up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission (We accept the IGETC/CSU GE.)
Nonresident transfer students are admitted to ASU if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Completion of an associate's degree with a 2.5 or higher A (4.0=A).
- AGEC with a 2.5 GPA or higher (4.0=A).
Individual Review for Admission (Non-assured Admission)
Transferring with 24 transferable credits or more
If a student has more than 24 transferable credit hours, Arizona and nonresidents with above a 2.0 cumulative GPA in transfer hours will be considered for admission. Through this individual review process, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will review all available information about a student’s application, carefully considering all aspects of a student’s academic background and accomplishments. In some cases, additional information might be requested.
Want to see if your credits will transfer? Use this Transfer Credit Guide tool to find your past courses and see how the credits will transfer to ASU.
- 1. Go to the Degree Programs page on this site.
- 2. Click on the degree in which you’re interested.
- 3. Select the term for which you want to apply and click "Apply Now."
- 4. Complete application.
- 5. Submit the nonrefundable application fee of $70.
- 6. Request to have your official transcript(s) mailed directly to ASU from each of your previous institutions.
Official transcripts must be mailed directly to Undergraduate Admissions by the records office of the issuing institution(s). ASU does not accept transcripts delivered by hand or fax. Please have your previous academic institution(s) mail your official transcript to the ASU mailing address:
Arizona State University
P.O. Box 870112
Tempe, AZ 85287–0112
If you have completed an associate degree or higher, you will not need to send a high school transcript.
If you have not completed an associate degree or higher, please request your official high school transcript showing proof of graduation, in addition to transcripts from all institutions you have previously attended or are currently attending (post–high school coursework).
Upon graduation or completion of your final semester at your current institution, request that a complete transcript be sent directly to ASU to determine final admission status. Receipt of your final transcript impacts financial aid disbursement and eligibility to register for future classes.