- ASU provides assistance in accessing the VA application, but cannot determine eligibility
- Student selects an online degree program of interest and requests information. View online degree programs.
- Military enrollment counselor works with the student to provide information about degree program, admission requirements, application process and any military questions as they pertain to ASU Online from here through graduation
- Student ensures that they are VA eligible to use benefits at Arizona State University
I have never used my GI Bill, how do I get started?
Prospective students should apply for their VA benefits before or at the same time that they apply for admission to ASU. The VA application can be found at va.gov.
I have used my benefits at another school; how do I switch my benefits over to ASU?
The Change of Training (22-1995) form provided through the VONAPP portal (va.gov) is the timeliest way to switch over your benefits. Once the switch is made the VA should send out a new Certificate of Eligibility and update your school status in e-benefits.
- Student applies, pays application fee and send transcripts in for admission decision
- Student makes an appointment and meets via phone with their adviser
- Once enrolled in classes, student completes the paperwork required by ASU and turns it in with their VA confirmation of benefits which will be provided by your military enrollment counselor
- (Paperwork is provided to the Certifying Officials and they communicate your courses to the VA)
- Student starts classes
- Student services kick in:
- success coach
- math & writing centers
- career services & more
- Student passes classes and moves on to their next set
- At the beginning of every semester students turns in new paperwork in order to be certified for current classes.
- Student graduates
- Join the Veteran Alumni group
- enjoy your success. forever.