- Tuition Assistance is a Department of Defense program
- The program is not administered or monitored by the VA
- Tuition Assistance rules vary by branch of service and even vary between different units within the same branch depending on whether the unit is active, reserve or National Guard
- Tuition Assistance will be applied to tuition costs only. It will not apply to any university/class fees including the $75 third-party processing fee
- Student selects an online degree program of interest and requests information. View online degree programs.
- Military enrollment counselor works with the student to provide information about degree program, admission requirements, application process and any military questions as they pertain to ASU Online from here through graduation
- Student applies, pays application fee and send transcripts in for admission decision
- Student ensures that they are TA eligible to use benefits at Arizona State University
How do I access my Tuition Assistance and Top-up?
Tuition Assistance and Top-up are processed through the student’s branch of service. Your Education Center would be able to assist you through the process. For students with access goarmyed.com the process is explained in detail on their site.
- Student makes an appointment and meets via phone with their academic adviser
- Once enrolled in classes, student completes the paperwork required by their branch of service in order to secure their tuition assistance and Top-up (if desired)
- Receipt of TA approval is turned in to ASU
Upon receipt of your TA paperwork at the start of each session, students enrolled as an undergraduate through ASU’s online campus will be awarded the Military Active Duty and Reservist Commitment Scholarship. This scholarship, will be automatically applied and viewable on your My ASU account once TA is processed. This will cover the remaining tuition costs per credit hour each session you are enrolled as an online undergraduate student. This means our military students will no longer have any out-of-pocket tuition expenses. As a reminder, this scholarship is not intended to be used in conjunction with the Chapter 33 post-9/11 GI Bill. For current active duty and reservist military students attending ASU online that have questions regarding this scholarship, please contact 1-877-452-4580.
For individuals looking to learn more about the military benefits and degree programs offered by ASU, please contact one of our enrollment coaches at 1-877-452-4580.
- Student starts classes
- Student services kick in:
- success coach
- math & writing centers
- career services & more
- Student passes classes and moves on to their next set
- A few weeks prior to start of class, student submits TA through their branch
- Student graduates
- Join the Veteran Alumni group
- enjoy your success. forever.